10" x 54" Whole House Calcite pH Acid Neutralizer Upflow Filter System | In and Out Valve by Oceanic Water Systems
The Acid Neutralizing Filter System utilizes the In/Out Valve for superior Upflow pH neutralization.
Features: Calcite media helps neutralize acidic water (pH levels below 6.7) by raising the pH
The system design helps reduce backwashing that is required for continuous operation
The patented fiberglass reinforced tank includes a non-corrosive, long-lasting design Calcite effectively corrects pH enough to reach a non-corrosive equilibrium. It does not overcorrect under normal conditions. When water comes into contact with Calcite, acidic water slowly dissolve the calcium carbonate to raise the pH, which reduces the potential leaching of copper, lead, and other metals found in typical plumbing systems.
The Calcite bed will have to be periodically replenished as the Calcite is depleted. Calcite can be effectively combined with Corosex to combine the high flow neutralization properties of Corosex, along with the slower reacting low flow properties of Calcite, increasing the ability to correct low pH.
Use Calcite only for pH levels 6.0 - 6.8. Use Calcite/Corosex for pH levels 5.5 - 6.0.
Acid neutralizers introduce minerals back into the water to raise the pH of the water. Consider our Salt-Free Conditioners that prevents scale build-up in your pipes and water heaters. Over time, salt-free conditioners also helps soften and remove existing mineral scale deposits.
Note: For up flow service with the optional bypass, it is necessary to mount the bypass upside down to maintain all the bypass options.
- 1” fittings with bypass valve
- 10X54” FRP/Mineral tank (color will ship out what is in stock)
- Calcite filter media
- Simple in and out pipe connection and no drain required like standard calcite backwash neutralizers.
- All the filter media you need for the system is included.
- Eliminates acidity in the pH range of 6.0 to 6.9 by slowly dissolving Calcite (calcium carbonate) into the water as it flows through the filter.
- Depending on pH and service flow the Calcite bed will need to be replenished periodically with more Calcite.
- Max pressure recommended is 100 psi.
- Maximum water temperature recommended 100F.
- Recommended flow rate for maximum filtration performance: 6.0 gpm
- The peak flow rate is also 10.0 gallons per minute.
|Brand||Oceanic Water Systems|