WHOLE HOUSE WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM | 2.0 cu ft Catalytic Carbon + KDF 85 | 12" x52" Backwash Valve
- Backwashing catalytic carbon system for water sources high in iron, hydrogen sulfide, chlorine, chloramines, chemicals. Catalytic carbon provides high surface area for maximum treatment results
- Coconut Shell Catalytic Carbon Media (included and Pre-loaded) 2 CUBIC FT OF CARBON. For Water with very high Iron and Sulfur, we recommend adding a KDF 85 MediaGuard to the system
- PROVIDES GREAT WATER: Provides pure clean, great tasting water to every tap in your home. EASY INSTALLATION: Installs quickly and easily at your water's point of entry.
- Whole house application 2 cu. ft. of High Activity Catalytic Carbon Media - Carbon media is a natural media derived from coconut shells that removes water contaminants through absorption. Great for households with 3-6 Bathrooms
- Pre-loaded with automatic backwash control head. Sediment and particles are automatically flushed from system, and filter media cleaned! No monthly maintenance.
- This system comes with the following:
Backwash Filter Valve
12 x 52 mineral tank (Color may be Black or Almond)
2 cubic ft of Catalytic Carbon.
1" or 3/4" Bypass (please request one by emailing us)
WHOLE HOUSE WATER FILTER SYSTEM: Catalytic Carbon 12"x52" Backwash System + KDF 85 Mediaguard
Catalytic Carbon Backwashing Filter System are highly popular because they correct a wide range of water quality problems, by reducing chloramines, hydrogen sulfide, and tastes, odors, chlorine & sediment.
- 12 x 40 mesh catalytic carbon
- Great tasting water from every tap in your house
- No bad tastes or foul odors
- Crystal clear water for drinking, bathing, and cooking
- User friendly equipment
- Low maintenance due to automatic operation
This system uses 12x40 mesh catalytic, high activity granular activated carbon manufactured by steam activation of select coconut shell charcoal. The catalytic activity of this activated carbon makes it highly effective for the reduction of chloramines and hydrogen sulfide from potable water. Its large micropore volume makes it particularly well suited for the reduction of low molecular weight organic compounds and their chlorinated by-products such as chloroform and other trihalomethanes, THM's.
COMES WITH KDF85 MEDIAGUARD
KDF 85 Medium Removes or reduces iron and hydrogen sulfide from municipal or other water supplies. Also controls scale, bacteria and algae.
KDF 85 Process Media can remove up to 99% of water-soluble lead, mercury, nickel, chromium, and other dissolved metals. All KDF Process Media forms are effective in controlling the buildup of bacteria, algae, fungi and scale, making them ideal for use in GAC beds, ion exchange resins, carbon block filters and inline carbon filters. Wherever our Media are used, they can eliminate the need for costly, and sometimes harmful, chemical treatments.
KDF® 85 Process Medium Removes Hydrogen Sulfide
Typical reaction with KDF 85 process medium:
KDF reacts with hydrogen sulfide to form insoluble copper sulfide which can be backwashed off KDF 85 medium. (More information on how KDF 85 process medium works as wastewater treatment media and water treatment media.)
KDF® 85 Process Medium Removes Iron
Redox media alloy function as catalysts to change soluble ferrous cations (positively-charged ions) into insoluble ferric hydroxide, which can be removed with regular backwashing. With enough oxygen dissolved in the water, iron removal rates of 98 percent or better are common.
Redox media, non-chemical water treatment remove up to 98% of water-soluble cations (positively-charged ions) of lead, mercury, copper, nickel, chromium, and other dissolved metals.
When filtered through KDF® media, soluble lead cations are reduced to insoluble lead atoms, which are electroplated onto the surface of the media. Other heavy metals bond to the media and may be recovered when the exhausted media pass through a copper smelter.
A typical metal redox reaction with KDF process media:
Zinc loses 2 electrons (oxidation). Lead gains 2 electrons (reduction). Lead plates on copper and replaces zinc which goes into solution as ions.
KDF85 AND CATALYTIC CARBON GAC Reduces chloramines, hydrogen sulfide, and tastes, odors, chlorine & sediment and Iron
This system comes with the following:
1- Backwash Filter Valve
1- 12 x 52 mineral tank (Color may be Black or Almond)
2 cubic ft of Catalytic Carbon.
1" or 3/4" Bypass (please request one at check out or will send out any one.)
|Brand||Oceanic Water Systems|